The Data Structures and Algorithms course emphasizes the following topics: structured software design data structures, abstract data types, recursive algorithms, algorithm analysis and design, sorting and searching, hashing, and problem-solving strategies.
- To study data structures (Linked Lists, Stacks, Queues, Trees and Graphs), their techniques and their role in the design of efficient algorithms.
- To study concepts of analyzing space and time efficiency of algorithms.
- To study techniques such as searching, data compression and sorting (internal and external) and the role of data structures in the design and implementation of algorithmic techniques.
- To gain experience in modular programming through the concept of data-algorithm abstraction.
Some Useful Links
- The Source for JAVA
- New-to-Java Center
- An introduction By David J. Eck
- Java Tutorials
- The Java Tutorial
- Some Simple Applets
- C# and Java: A Comparison
- RSA Encryption/Decryption Demo