This agreement is made by and between the END-USER (the person/organization) that downloads the files(s) from “https://kimialab.uwaterloo.ca/” AND
Laboratory for Knowledge Inference in Medical Image Analysis, University of Waterloo (KIMIA Lab), 200 University Avenue West, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, N2L 3G1, contact Hamid R. Tizhoosh, Tel. +1 519 888 4567
whereby it is agreed as follows:
- KIMIA Lab grants END-USER, engaged in bona fide language engineering research, the non-exclusive, nontransferable, non-sub-licensable, royalty-free right to use the Downloaded File(s) exclusively for non-commercial research purposes. KMIA Lab grants END-USER the right to reproduce or copy the Downloaded File(s) if necessary for the purposes mentioned above provided always that the Downloaded File(s) shall not be transferred to or accessed by any third party.
- END-USER is not permitted to use the Downloaded File(s) for any other purpose, especially any use for commercial or distribution purposes and to reproduce or commercialize or distribute for free in any form or by any means the Downloaded File(s) or any derivative product or services based on all or a substantial part of it is excluded. Summaries, analyses and interpretations of the multimedia properties of the information may be derived and published, provided it is not possible to reconstruct the information contained in the Downloaded File(s) from these summaries. Small excerpts of the information may be displayed to others or published in a scientific or technical context, solely for the purpose of describing the research and development and related issues. Any such use shall not infringe the rights of any third party including, but limited to, the authors and publishers of the excerpts.
- END-USER acquires no ownership, rights or title in all or any parts of the Downloaded File(s) but acknowledges that the latter may be protected by copyright and subject to a specific license conditions attached to the specific Data. END-USER agrees and declares to comply with such additional license conditions – if any – and shall ensure that the copyright notices as well as the license conditions shall not be separated from the respective Data.
- END-USER shall be liable for complying with this AGREEMENT which also includes END-USER’S liability that its employees and any person involved in research activities and having access to the Data shall comply with the terms and conditions of this AGREEMENT. END-USER shall indemnify KIMIA Lab from any claim of a third party resulting from a violation of its obligations resulting from this AGREEMENT and applicable laws.
- KIMIA Lab accepts no responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the Downloaded File(s) or for the consequences of their use. KIMIA Lab gives no warranty for merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose of the Downloaded File(s).
- END-USER shall give appropriate references to KIMIA Lab in scholarly literature when the Downloaded File(s) is mentioned.
- END-USER shall not use the name of KIMIA Lab in any publication in any manner that would imply an endorsement of END-USER or any product or service offered by END-USER.
- END-USER has no right or authority to incur, assume or create, in writing or otherwise, any warranty, liability or other obligation of any kind, express or implied, in the name of or on behalf of KIMIA Lab, it being intended that each party shall remain an independent contractor responsible for its own actions.
- Except the liability according to Article 4, both parties exclude all liability of whatsoever nature for direct, consequential or indirect loss or damage suffered by the other.
- This AGREEMENT is subject to, construed and interpreted in accordance with the Laws of Ontario and Canada.